Monday, September 6, 2010

Richard's breakfast blog from Nerac


            (This photo arrived in wrong place again - it is dinner on river in Nerac)
What a lot of details have been left out. For instance we have had a bit of head winds so we send our big diesel engine to the front. This increases the speed from 17 km/ph (my speed) to 25 km/ph.This in turn causes much whining from the back markers, but we reach our destination by lunch time. The other omission was Jill's taking out of a 4 year old child causing a 3 bike pile up. I ended up on top of the pile and saw none of the causes so will let Jill explain.

From Jill - well the 4 year old chose to wander over to the wrong side of the road and for some reason didn't respond to "watch out, careful!" So I slammed on breaks and didn't take him out. But Celia saw what was happening so slammed on breaks behind me and Richard saw nothing so took Celia, me and the 4 year old out. The only real damage seemed to be my panier, so I now only have one. Luckily I have almost no luggage.


Anyway, bit rainy today it looks but we are off anyway over the hills I think. 




Had dinner under umbrellas bottom left.









2 comments:

  1. Jen says you have shouted "Zut Alors"??
    I would have gone with "merde, beze, couion(sp,sp)".

    Looking at the pictures - the boats on the canals look very inviting, possibly more inviting than the bikes??

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha love the story about the 4 yr old. but for someone who prides themselves on their spelling mother, you should know the difference between break and brake :)

    ReplyDelete